Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Freelance 1944-45

Ann Savage


Actress Ann Savage worked with him on three films Columbia Studios - "Ever Since Venus," "Two Senoritas from Chicago," and "Klondike Kate." "The best designer I ever worked with. We met in the wardrobe department at Columbia and hit it off immediately. 

He tailored items to fit your body, so that you always looked good from any angle. He never imposed his design on you, he always made the most of what you had to offer. Billy was sensitive to fabric, knew how it would hang on the body and how it would look under the lights on the set. I bought pieces for my personal wardrobe from him. 

Though I stopped making movies in the mid '50s, I would run into Billy in town, a party or a reception, and he always treated me wonderfully. Always a kind word and a little kiss. A guy who was loved by all who knew him. It was a privilege to work with him."**

Billy my darling - You dirty little bastard! If you ever stand me up again -- 
I'll kick  you in the ass! - Ann

1944 - Ever Since Venus








1945 - An Angel Comes to Brooklyn





No comments:

Post a Comment